ARE WE JUDGED BY THE COMPANY WE KEEP?
There is every indication that Prince Andrew’s involvement in the Epstein scandal is more far reaching than many would like to suppose, causing some to question whether the otherwise inexplicable interview he gave to BBC television was a final act of desperation in light of what may be about to be revealed. Jeffrey Epstein’s ‘Black Book’ contains the names and numbers of over a thousand high profile, people, including politicians, princes and presidents, judges, lawyers, professors, philanthropists and benefactors, media and entertainment personalities with more than a few billionaires. US lawyers are keen to interview them to help with their enquiries. Epstein’s homes were fitted with audio and video recording equipment believed to be for the purpose of blackmail and extortion with reports of audio and video tapes in the posession of law enforcement officers. This week a judge ordered the unsealing of documents related to the previous court case, among them are the flight logs recorded by Jeffrey Epstein’s six pilots. Their content will confirm who flew on Epstein’s private jet, to where and how often. If the old adage ‘We are judged by the company we keep‘ still holds true, Prince Andrew’s feeble defence against accusations linking him as a potential co conspirator to a convicted pedophile are both alarming and insulting to the intelligence of any fair minded person.
With the alleged suicide of Jeffrey Epstein and the reopening of the case files related to his notorious plea deal of 2018, disturbing facts are emerging.
- US Police, Judiciary, Probation and Prison Service together stand accused of perverting the cause of justice by withholding information, falsifying evidence and ignoring witness intimidation.
- In the UK, a credible Child Protection whistle blower’s attempts in 2015, to inform the Metropolitan Police of sexual abuse of under age girls and international trafficking by Epstein were not acted upon, enabling offences to continue.
- Rumours of intervention by the Royal family to influence Court procedure and to block media coverage of Prince Andrews alleged involvement may yet have consequences for the British Monarchy.
Prince Andrew’s 17 year association with Epstein, began in1999. He welcomed Epstein and Ghislane Maxwell to Balmoral Castle in the Scottish Highlands and to Sandringham, the private residence of the Queen. In 2000 they both attended a birthday party at Windsor Castle hosted by the Queen to mark the shared birthdays of royals. Andrew stated the invitations were extended to Ghislane Maxwell, Andrews’ friend, with Epstein merely ‘the ‘plus 1, as it were’. It should be noted that Maxwell has since been named by victims as Epstein’s procurer of young girls and an abuser in her own right. Epstein was invited to the wedding of Andrew’s daughter even after the scandal broke.
In May 2006, a 14 year old girl accused Epstein of sexual assault, an arrest warrant was issued which led to a major investigation and Virginia Roberts (now Guffrie) testifying that she was trafficked by Epstein and forced to have sex with Prince Andrew on three occasions. The first occurred in March 2001 at Ghislane Maxwells house in London after drinking and dancing at Tramps nightclub. Andrew questioned the authenticity of the photograph with his arm around the waist of Virginia Giuffre, (believed to have been taken there in March 2001) as he is ‘not openly affectionate in public.’ Andrew’s denial that he even knew where the bar at Tramps was, in a club he has visited regularly for years, stretches credulity… it is in fact adjacent to the dance floor. The unflattering description by his accuser that he emerged from the dance floor sweating heavily, was dismissed as ‘impossible’ – due to an alleged medical condition (Hypohidrosis) which prevents sweating. This was described as a disorder linked to adrenalin overload while under fire during service in the Falklands War. Unfortunately this has been dismissed by medics who state that this rare condition is not triggered by adrenalin but by acetylcholine. Prince Andrew, variously dubbed by the media as ‘the party prince’, ‘Randy Andy’ and ‘Air miles Andy’ also stated he is at a loss to understand his partying image. Decades of press photographs would seem to refute all three denials.
Virginia Roberts testified that she was trafficked by Epstein to have sex with Prince Andrew at Ghislane Maxwells home in England on March 10th 2001. Epstein’s flight logs confirm Virginia Roberts flew to England with Ghislane Maxwell on that occasion. Andrew denies ever meeting Roberts, stating that he was staying overnight at the British Consul however their office has since stated they have no record of Andrew’s stay. Virginia Roberts states she subsequently had sex with Andrew at Epstein’s mansion in New York and later at an orgy on Epstein’s private island in the Caribbean. David Rodgers, one of Epstein’s pilots has since testified that Prince Andrew and Virginia Roberts flew to Epstein’s private island on April 11th 2001.
Jeffrey Epstein was later charged with sexual abuse and trafficking under age girls but pleaded to a lesser charge under a notorious plea deal. The judge ordered Prince Andrew’s name removed from court documents as ‘improper and impertinent’ sparking rumours of royal pressure. He was eventually convicted of prostituting minors in 2009 and given an 18 month sentence in a notorious plea deal which allowed him 12 hours ‘work release’ daily, 6 days per week. His cell door was left open and he used it only for sleeping overnight. Epstein was driven to his private office daily by his chauffeur, visitors were unmonitored and Epstein continued to abuse young women at his office premises. Jail records show he was visited by one of his victims turned co conspirator on some 90 cccasions during his sentence.
Epstein was released from prison in July 2010 after serving 13 months. A welcome home party held at his New York mansion In December 2010 was attended by members of US media and entertainment elite. Prince Andrew, then 4th in line to the throne, was guest of honour. During the interview he admitted he ‘was there’ but denied being guest of honour. Other guests included: Woody Allen, historically investigated for the sexual abuse of a 7 year old adopted daughter who had allegedly disclosed the abuse. George Stephanopolis, the former Clinton Campaign Manager who orchestrated the ‘Nuts for Sluts’ promotion to ‘destroy any woman ‘who accused Clinton of sexual misconduct during the Monica Lewinsky scandal. Charlie Rose, talk show host and former Anchor for CBS, later axed due to decades of sexual harassment of employees.
Perhaps the most damning aspect is Prince Andrew’s 4 day stay with Jeffrey Epstein at his New York mansion in 2010, months after his release from prison,confirmed by the photograph of the two walking together in Central Park. Andrew stated they were never close friends but insisted on a personal visit ‘to do the honourable thing’ by speaking to him face to face to explain that ‘due to the scrutiny, their contact was no longer appropriate’. The honourable thing would surely have been, never to have had contact at all and to express regret and compassion during his interview for the survivors of a global trafficking network.
CORRUPTION AND COVER UP
- In 2009 numerous accusers had again come forward, Detective Michael Fisten, a retired police officer with 30 years service was hired by their attorney to investigate Epstein. He uncovered a catalogue of corruption and mismanagement involving the judicial system. Meanwhile Epstein tried to silence his accusers, hiring former Miami police officers to discredit and harass the victims. They were paid an extremely large retainer to follow the girls around and intimidate them. Fisten has said he found it inconceivable that people who traveled in Epstein’s social circles weren’t aware of his activities. “Once these girls lost their braces and their pubescent look and started becoming 16-years old or 17-years old, they were too old for him, so then he started using them as recruiters to bring the younger girls,”
- In 2015, Amy Robach, anchor for ABC Television, began a three year investigation into Epstein. Virginia Roberts was approached and interviewed. “She told me everything. She had pictures, she had everything. She was in hiding for 12 years. We convinced her to come out, we convinced her to talk to us. It was unbelievable what we had…“The [British royal] Palace found out that we had her whole allegations about Prince Andrew and threatened us a million different ways,” The completed documentary was due to air but was suddenly pulled. A video tape of Robach venting her anger was later leaked to Veritas, a community action group which defends victims of sexual abuse. Robach stated that the palace did everything to stop the programme airing, including a threat to block access to future royal tours etc.
- In 2015 Peter Saunders, Founder and then spokesperson for NAPAC (People abused in childhood) received a large file of the Florida Deposition This was passed to the Metropolitan Police London in view of implications for the UK. In 2016, the Met. advised that information received regarding ‘non recent trafficking for sexual exploitation would not progress to a full investigation – the matter is now closed’
- Hyoid bone in neck fractured
- Thyroid cartilage fractured on R and L sidesIn October 2019 Epstein was found dead in his prison cell, defined as suicide. Dr. Michael Baden (Fox News) commented that Epstein’s autopsy is more consistent with homicidal strangulation than suicide. Dr Cyril Wecht Forensic pathologist with 30 years experience concurs. He noted bruising and abrasions consistent with defensive wounds, stating that “in thousands of suicides I have never seen all three fractures present as noted in the autopsy”.
- Following Prince Andrew’s interview, ABC will air a new documentary in the New Year and the BBC have a full interview with Virginia Guffre in early December.
See also :